CNC Machinist (Level 1)
This is a hands-on manufacturing position with the responsibility of machining various machined parts to part print. Manufacture of said parts will be completed using CNC machine tools available at this time of writing. Machined parts will include, but not limited to, Heat Seal Tool, Machine Tool, Blister Forming Tool, and Thermoforming. CNC Machinist Level 1 must have completed all requirements of an Entry Level CNC Operator and have completed one year of employment with Algus Packaging, Inc. or possess previous experience.
- Operate various CNC machine tools safely, within machine tool parameters, and competently.
- Load, remove, and perform basic editing, as needed, of CNC programs.
- Set-up machine tools per instructions.
- Create own progression programs for multiple part operations.
- Create basic CNC programs at machine tool using G & M codes.
- Operate multiple machine tools at one time.
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints and part drawings.
- Utilize basic hand tools such as allen keys, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.
- Using measuring equipment, verify work performed is to part print or company standards of acceptability.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machine tools operated.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Work overtime as required by work load and company demand.
- Record daily work performed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-5 years previous experience or successful completion of Entry Level CNC Operator with Algus Packaging, Inc. and continuously employed for one year.
- Prior experience in the safe operation of various CNC machine tools and secondary equipment.
- Knowledge of machine shop math and trigonometry.
- Prior experience using various measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of various tooling, applications, and usage.
- Knowledge of various raw materials and their machinability.
- Understanding of machine tool speeds and feeds and how they affect machining process.
- Basic understanding of G & M codes within a CNC program and what they represent.
- Create and prove basic G & M coded CNC programs at machine tool.
- Good reading skills. Must be able to follow written instructions.
- Ability to perform work thoroughly and accurately.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to retain information learned.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees both verbally and written.
- With company training, pass forklift drivers permit class.
- Completion of tasks in a timely fashion.
- Consistently produce quality work with minimal re-work or scrap.
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly stand for long periods of time, in some cases up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds safely without assistance. With assistance for any task heavier.
- Perform repetitive tasks regularly.
- Possess good hand to eye coordination
Algus Packaging Inc.
200 N. Peace Rd., Dekalb, IL, 60115
$30,160.00-$35,360.00 Per year
September 8, 2021