Successful candidates will design / detail packaging seal tooling from concept through final production/testing phase, utilized on diverse types of sealing machinery. Designer will be part of a team working with multiple groups consisting of machinery, sales, CNC, and thermoforming.
- Design various types of packaging seal tools and develop manufacturing CAD drawings to be provided to manufacturing group.
- Work with sales group on previous and future seal tooling applications
- Provide technical support for production and outside customer inquiries
- Maintain and improve on seal tooling database & standards
- Associate or Bachelor degree with mechanical or manufacturing emphasis, but experience can offset schooling
- Proficient in use of 2-D type AutoCAD & 3-D type Solid works CAD software
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word data management software
- A creative, highly motivated, and self-starter individual
- Demonstrate the ability to lead projects with limited supervision
- Ability to deal with multiple type duties & responsibilities at any one time
- Ideal candidate to possess 2 to 5 years experience in seal tooling packaging field
- Ability to handle fast-paced engineering atmosphere
- High math skills plus excellent written and verbal communication skills
Algus Packaging offers a competitive compensation package and benefits, including medical, dental, life, and 401(k).