Responsibility over one or more machines, as assigned. Maximize efficiency and effectiveness of machine operations. Maintain quick setups. Quality production and compliance with in-house and customer specification criteria. Assist in all phases of the production process, including but not limited to inspecting and packing of product, daily maintenance of machines and timely communication with Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor concerning repairs needed and overall condition of the machines assigned. Responsible for Packers assigned on the machine.
- Be aware of the next scheduled job for the machine. Review the production records, quality criteria, previous production runs, quoted cycle time, plastic inventory status, and etc.
- Know the quoted cycle time of the job. In all cases try to achieve the quoted cycle time.
- Assist Packers in maintaining quality inspections and packing of the product.
- Make all efforts to achieve as high a material efficiency as possible.
- Reduce machine down time by correcting defects and or completing setups as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Be aware of in-house and customer specification criteria, including those pertaining to the packing, packaging, and palletizing.
- Perform daily-weekly machine maintenance, as prescribed by the Maintenance Checklist. Make periodic checks of fluid levels, filters, hoses, valves, cylinders, etc. when it is safe to do so.
High School Education or equivalent. Mechanical and or production experience of at least 2 years. Thermoforming experience a plus, although we will train the right candidates with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.